THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Here at Love Nature Creations, we are committed to protecting your personal information.
From May 2018, the GDPR, a new data protection law that governs how organisations can use personal information will take effect. In order to comply with the changes in legislation, we have published the following Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice tells you what personal information we hold and why, and what your rights are in relation to this.
Sian and James Cecil
Address: 23 Hawthorn Road, Nelson, CF46 6PB
Telephone No: 07813 117270
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Controller: Sian Cecil
The purpose of processing your personal information
We will process your personal information as is strictly relevant to our business and for the purpose of offering for sale our goods to you. In order to do this, we will need to gather and retain a range of personal information about you.
What information we hold and what I do with it
In order to make and sell our designs to you, we will need to ask for and retain some basic personal information about you. The information we will hold is:
- Your contact details including name, address (and delivery address if this is different), telephone number, email address (if applicable), Facebook messenger contact (if applicable)
- Details of your order requirements
We use the information you have provided as follows:
- To design your order
- To communicate with you on all aspects of the order, including:
– agreeing design elements
– approving proofs
– arranging payment (however we do not process payments or any financial information ourselves)
– delivery/collection of your order
[Please note that where the delivery address/contact you have provided are for a 3rd party, for example, when you have asked us to send an order as a gift directly to a recipient, we will use these details only for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with you i.e. delivering the design to the intended recipient. We will not retain these 3rd party details for longer than is necessary and will never make direct contact with a 3rd party without their explicit consent.]
In order to effectively communicate with you on the above details, we will contact you via the preferences you have given, or by your original contact method if no preference is given.
- To follow-up with you to ensure your order has been safely received and the order made and presented to your satisfaction
- To inform you about new designs, special offers and promotions (however, you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
- For our own accounting and record-keeping
- To provide you with a receipt or invoice for your order on request
For visitors to our website
Who we share your information with
We will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than as required for legal process).
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
How long we will retain your information
We will not hold you data for longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes of providing the best service to you and for maintaining our own financial and legal records. We retain details of your order for 7 years from the last sale or last communication with yourself, as is required by HMRC.
When deleting data, we do so safely and securely.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Customer Information
The lawful grounds under which we hold and use your information are:
- Our Legitimate Interests i.e. our requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible products and customer service
- Contract i.e. we retain information as is relevant to our contract of sale with yourself
Protecting your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Due to the nature and scale of our business and the type of information we process, we are not currently expected to register with the ICO. However, we commit to uphold the principles of the GDPR and its requirements in our day to day business.
Your Rights in relation to your personal information under the GDPR
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see our records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell us to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request us to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how we use your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:.
To be able to tell us you don’t want us to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk